Experienced Legal Counsel For Divorce And All That Comes With It
If you have reached the difficult decision to end your marriage, it is important to work with an experienced family law firm that will help you protect your best interests and put you in the best possible position to begin the next phase of life. The legal team at [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-1″], provides highly personalized legal counsel for all aspects of divorce or the end of a nonmarital relationship in which there are children.
We bring more than 40 years of experience to every family law case. We always aim to resolve disputes efficiently and amicably because it typically provides all parties involved with more control over the outcome. However, our trial-tested divorce lawyer is always prepared to advocate aggressively on your behalf in court when an agreement cannot be reached through negotiation or arbitration.
We Handle All Types Of Family Law Cases
Having practiced in greater Seattle since 1979, attorney Nelson Barry has assisted thousands of clients with every imaginable family law issue. His emphasis on clear communication from start to finish results in clients being thoroughly informed on every option and all possible outcomes. We assist clients with the full spectrum of family law cases, including:
- Divorce: Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, it is important to have a knowledgeable attorney prepare and review legal documents, make sure you meet court deadlines and protect your interests at every turn.
- Legal separation: Some couples may elect to legally separate instead of divorcing or develop a separation agreement while they work through divorce issues.
- Custody and parenting issues: We will protect your rights to maintain your relationship with your child, whether you expect to be the custodial parent or wish to secure time with a child through a parenting plan.
- Support: Ensuring a proper agreement is reached regarding child support and spousal maintenance is critical to creating a strong financial foundation while keeping your child’s best interests in mind.
- Division of property: Properly identifying, valuing and dividing marital property is also essential to creating a sound financial foundation for your future. We have experience protecting clients’ interests in complex property division matters.
- Paternity: There are many reasons to legally establish who a father’s child is, including enforcement of support and to secure parental rights. We guide clients through this process.
- Modification of existing orders: Life continues to change after marriages end. We assist clients when changes such as job loss, relocation or medical issues require modifying an existing order. We also help clients when they wish to defend against modifications or a petition by a spouse to relocate with a child.
- Same-sex family law concerns: The rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals are constantly evolving. We stay relevant on the issues as they pertain to family law and welcome the opportunity to serve members of this community.
Trusted Legal Counsel During A Stressful Period
We understand how stressful divorce and other family concerns can be. That is why we focus intently on providing highly personalized service and seek efficient resolutions whenever possible. In addition to having extensive experience, we work with highly regarded professionals who can assist in resolving family law disputes. This includes mediators, business valuation specialists, real estate evaluators, and child psychology and education professionals.
If you or your spouse owns a business or if you have accumulated complex assets during the course of your marriage, we are highly skilled at navigating the intricacies of complex divorces. It is critical to get things right the first time. We are here to help make that happen.
Let Us Review Your Situation
You undoubtedly have questions that our 40 years of experience can help answer. Let us review your situation and recommend a course of action during a free consultation. Call [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-CT-NUMBER-206-441-5444″] or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting. We offer free parking at our Seattle office.